Monday, May 9, 2011

My Weekend

I spent my entire day Saturday with my mom for Mother's Day because she had to work on Sunday.
Saturday was the Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure. My mom and I went and had a blast. I stayed the night with her Friday because we planned on leaving her house no later than six in the morning (and we did). It only took us about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there, so we were a little early but that meant we got a great parking spot! We did the 5k (3.1 miles) which started at 8:30. There were over 17,000 people there! What an awesome turn out! We also saw some really cute shirts! We made our own so they were kinda plain but we liked them especially for having done them at the last minute! We finished the race in exactly one hour of the start! We walked the whole way and had every intention of power-walking but with all the people there it was very hard. Kudos to those who ran/jogged it! I think she was a little worried that I was gonna over do it but I stayed with her the whole time and felt great!

We left there and went to the ball field. My youngest sister, Katie-Boo, and my brother, Andrew,  play softball for a local church in the summer and have a blast doing it. My other sister, Megan, is coaching Katie-Boo this year, her first year coaching. She needed a little help so I did what I could in all the chaos.
After we left the ball field we went back to their house for some lunch. I gave Mama her Mother's Day gift, it was a jewelry set I had made and knew she liked. She was super happy and even confessed that she had intended to buy it from me. I felt really good about my choice! She put it on and it sorta matched the shirts we wore at the race but not quite. Lol.
After lunch we went to my Granny's new house (where Tommy, myself and Baby Bean are moving) and painted. I, of course, started on the baby's room. I was this dark blue so I had to put a white base coat on it before we can actually paint it. Then I started on another room. All the while Mama painted the trim in the kitchen, living room and in the hallway. By the time we were done with all we were getting done for the day we were so pooped we could have just laid in the floor and slept, but we didn't because we knew we were having an awesome dinner back at her house. And we did, steak, rolls, salad, baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. After dinner I said my good-byes as she was getting ready for bed (she went kinda early). I slept 'til 10:00 the next morning!
Sunday Tommy and I got up and chilled for a bit. We knew it would be a while 'til we got to see his mom because she goes to church from one to three (so weird). We got a bite to eat and went to see her. We spent the rest of the day there, where everyone in the house but myself and Dillon (Tommy's cousin) slept. We left there and went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries for my dad, came home and went to bed. I honestly don't know how he slept after napping at his mom's but he did.
Today is Tommy's birthday so I am gonna have to go to the store and get him a little something. I was so busy this weekend I couldn't find the time and he still hasn't told me what he wants! So I really have no clue what to get! Guess I'm going in blind!

No comments:

Post a Comment