Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 3 Love Is Not Selfish


Day 3
Love is not selfish

Be devoted to one another in a brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor. -Romans 12:10



Ask yourself these questions:
·        Do I truly want what's best for my husband or wife?
·        Do I want them to feel loved by me?
·        Do they believe I have their best interests in mind?
·        Do they see me as looking out for myself first?

Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."


Today's Questions:
What did you choose to give your spouse? What happened when you gave it?


Where jealousy and selfish ambitions exist, there is disorder (James:316)


Yesterday's Dare:
So I wanted to give Tommy a back-rub because he loves them SO much and because his back hurts constantly. Due to his constant Xbox playing I wasn't able to do it, yet. Instead I made him a coupon that expires Monday (Valentine's Day) and I'm almost positive that when he sees it he will 'cash' it in immediately. 
(So far) I have learned that love is based on patience, kindness, and compromise. Without those three things Tommy and I would be in a lot of trouble.  

Good Luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment