Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 6 Love Is Not Irritable


Day 6
Love is not irritable

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. –Proverbs 16:32




Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list below of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.


Today’s Questions:
Where do you need to add margin to your life? When have to recently overreacted? What was your real motivation behind it? What decisions have you made today?

I always do my best to have a clear conscience toward God and men. (Acts 24:16)


Yesterday’s Dare: 
So I asked my wonderful husband what three things I do that irritate him and this is what he came up with.

1) I don't take not getting my way well. 
2) I expect him to read my mind and when he doesn't I get mad.
3) I drive like a woman.

Well, I have to say that I handled it pretty well. I actually laughed at myself and then at him when he said number 3.  Number 1 is because I'm spoiled (I know, horrible) but I plan to change this by learning to compromise a little more and let the small stuff go. For example, I got mad the other day because I didn't have time to do my hair and all that for Valentine's Day. Why? Because I wanted to look cute, even though he told me I looked cute in what I was wearing. We did a date 'in' so what did it matter, if he thought I looked cute that's all that matters, well should be. Number 2 I admit to. However, its because some things seem so self-explanatory I don't feel I should have to voice them. I assumed wrong, so from here on out I will do my best to say everything, even if I feel it is unnecessary. As for number 3, I have NO clue how to change this, its how I learned to drive. After all I am a woman. Leave it to Tommy to find something like this for me to 'fix'. Right now I have no solution, if you do feel free to help. 


Good Luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment