Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 26 Love Is Responsible

Day 26
Love is responsible

When you judge another, you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the same things. –Romans 2:1 HCSB


Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask for God’s forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel.

Today’s Questions:
What does your mate need to see in order to believe that your confession was more than just words?

Each one must examine his own work . . . in regard to himself alone. (Galatians 6:4)


Yesterday’s Dare:
I have always forgiven Tommy and he has never done anything worth holding a grudge, so there really isn’t anything for me to forgive him for. Other people are a different story. For some people I have been holding a grudge so long I don’t know what its like to have an actual conversation with them. If I let this go and forgive and leave it all to God, I will feel better, and God will open my heart that much more and come in. Which would allow me to be the Christian I am supposed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment