Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 24 Love VS Lust

Day 24
Love vs. Lust

The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. –1 John 2:17


End it NOW. Identify every object of lust in your life and remove it. Single out every lie you’ve swallowed in pursuing forbidden pleasure and reject it. Lust cannot be allowed to live in a back bedroom. It must be killed and destroyed –today –and replaced with the sure promises of God and a heart filled with His perfect love.

Today’s Questions:
What did you identify as and area of lust? What has this pursuit cost you over time? How has it led you away from the person you want to be? Write about your new commitment to seek Him –and to seek your spouse –rather than seeking after foolish desires.

Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil. (1 Peter 2:16)


Yesterday’s Dare:
I threw out all time on the computer that is not needed for work or school and doing the love dare. I can’t promise I will blog after the forty days are up. I don’t watch TV anymore so this is really the only thing that I have hindering my relationship with Tommy. On occasion I will read a novel and be consumed by it I am hoping to be able to come up with a balance for that the next time I find something suitable to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment