Friday, March 25, 2011

Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure

I am supporting the 2011 Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure®, a special event which raises money for much needed breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment programs.  Last year, 17,000 people participated in the Race and raised more than $1.7 million for research and treatment programs. This year’s race will be held on Mother’s Day weekend – Saturday, May 7 at Atlantic Station and our goal is to raise $2,000,000!    
If you are interested in participating in the Race, I would love to have you join my team, Pink Peaches.  Please feel free to contact me via e-mail, or check out www.komenatlanta.org  for more Race information.  If you prefer to donate by credit card, you can give online at www.komenatlanta.org by clicking on the ‘Race for the Cure’ link, then ‘Donate to a Participant, and then search for my name. 
We also have a Sleep for the Cure donation option for those individuals who do not want to run or walk on Race Day.  Registration for Sleep for the Cure is $40, and participants will receive a Komen Atlanta Race for the Cure® t-shirt, which will be mailed in the weeks after Race day.  There are many volunteer opportunities on Race day as well and we welcome your support.  To volunteer on Race day with set-up and organization, please e-mail race@komenatlanta.org.  















 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.


1 Corinthians 9:25-27 (New International Version, ©2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment