Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Confessional


I confess . . .
I didn't have the best of time on my trip.
I enjoyed watching my little sister and brother.
They had fun and that is what I was really worried about.

I confess . . . 
I am glad that I have the house to myself today.
I can clean or relax. Whichever I choose.
And there is no one here to annoy me.

I confess . . .
I had some pretty weird, vivid dreams last night.
I even woke myself up talking.
I wonder if I do that when Tommy is here?

I confess . . .
I am so ready to get Addison's nursery done.
It is kinda hard because there are some things that don't belong in there and I can't move them.
Tommy has promised he will help me this weekend. Lord, help him if he doesn't!

I confess . . . 
I am extremely happy that the direct deposit is now in effect. 
Having to wait three days (or more at times) for the paycheck was really annoying!
But NO MORE! :)

I confess . . .
My dog is spoiled.
I don't know what I am going to do with him.
Because sometimes its pretty bad.

I confess . . . 
I let him get away with somethings when its just us.
He has been my baby for a year now.
What do you expect?

I confess . . . 
I suspect Tommy does too.
He just isn't as apt to admit to it.
Typical.

_______________________________________________________________________________


Some of you were wondering about the Loaded Potato Soup I made. Here is the recipe, please keep in mind there are NO certain amounts: it all depends on you and your taste.

You will need:
A 5lb bag of potatoes, peeled and cubed
Milk (almost a gallon)
Cheese wiz
Shredded cheese (your favorite kind is fine)
Green onions/Spring onions, chopped 
Real bacon pieces (you can fry your own and make them or buy them from the store)
Sour cream (I used about 12oz or so but again its up to you)
Salt and pepper to taste
*You can also use bell peppers and other things you like on a loaded baked potato*

Boil your potatoes until that are as soft at you like them.
Drain the water.
Pour milk in with the potatoes until they are covered.
Add your other ingredients.
Be sure to stir frequently, it will stick to the bottom!
Cook until the cheese is melted then serve.

All I ask is that if you decide to pass on the recipe you give credit where credit is due! If you make your own tweaks, please share! I would love to try it!

Happy Friday! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a day alone to myself. I'd probably clean and then treat myself to lunch and a nap. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole day alone? I think I'd clean, read, nap, and probably end up bored by the end of it, but it does sound nice.

    ReplyDelete