Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ultrasound Update



So yesterday was my first ultrasound! I was super excited and a little nervous. Excited is kinda obvious, nervous maybe not so some of you so I'll explain. A few years ago I got an IUD/IUC, yes even though I hadn't had children. Everything seemed to be going fine for a while and a little over a year and a half later I started getting these horrible cramps, I'm talking the kind that will take you from standing to the floor crying in a snap. I called the doctor and got an appointment to get everything checked out. They went to check for the string and it wasn't there, but it was very obvious to me it hadn't come out ( that is something I knew I couldn't mistake, especially if it was anything like putting it in ). So they took me to the ultrasound room to see if they could find it that way, they did. It was twisted and upside down in my cervix, it was trying to come out. After a while of trying to figure out the best way to get it out they pulled it out with some tweezer type things ( yes it hurt very badly ). So I didn't really worry about it until I got pregnant, IUDs can cause ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy outside the uterus). However, I worried for nothing Baby Green is nestled safely in my uterus where its supposed to be. 
I also got to hear the little heart beat! It was precious! And very fast! 165 per min! But the doctor said that its fine the number doesn't count yet as long as its beating! She also said that based on the size I was 6 weeks and 6 days (7 weeks today) which would put my due date at Dec. 21, a week difference from the original Dec. 14 (which would make me 8 weeks toady). I suppose the next time I go in they will tell me. I also got the ultrasound pics, which since Tommy couldn't go I didn't show anyone til he got to see (which was torture, just so you know), now its free game! I wish I knew how to get it on the computer but that is a job for Tommy. :) The worst part about the ultrasound was that I had to have a full bladder so I felt like I was gonna pee all over the place at any second! And I suppose the worst part about the whole visit was the blood work! :( However, I did good! Normally I cry, yes I cry, when I get a shot. Its not that it hurts I just REALLY don't want the shot. I didn't cry yesterday, as a matter of fact I didn't even flinch! I'm so proud of myself! Lol, what a wonderful accomplishment, not! 
Well, I am going to get off of here but if I think of anything else I will def post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment