Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 17 Love Promotes Intimacy

Day 17
Love promotes intimacy

He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. –Proverbs 17:9 NIV


Determine to guard your mate’s secrets (unless they are dangerous to them or to you) and to pray for them. Talk with your spouse, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues. Really listen to them when they share personal thoughts and struggles with you. Make them feel safe.

Today’s Questions:
How much of an effort is it for you to hold back from saying something, critical or otherwise? What have you learned about your spouse today, simply form listening?

I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine. (Song of Solomon 6:3)


Yesterday’s Dare:
I have recently begun praying and asking God for forgiveness and for Him to help me lead the life I need to. I prayed that He would see Tommy get this job, and that he would help him out of his depression and motivate him to work out more and feel better about himself. I loved praying for Tommy and I actually do so very often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment